It’s quite common for us to feel like we haven’t achieved as much as we’d like at times and become a little discouraged.
While it’s normal to question whether we’re on the right path to more success, all it takes is a switch in perspective to realise there are many signs that indicate we can achieve more success.
We all have different definitions of success, which makes it easier to find evidence that we’re already successful and can achieve more success in the future.
Knowing that being successful does not necessarily mean we have to achieve big goals is encouraging because it’s easy to put a lot of pressure on ourselves and set very high expectations.
While having high expectations or standards is valuable, the downside is the additional pressure we put on ourselves can:
- Cause us to not have a healthy work life.
- Affect our physical health and well-being.
- Impact our relationships in a negative way.
- Cause us to miss opportunities around us.
- Make us continually pursue more and more success while never being satisfied.
Knowing how to look for signs that we’re on the right path and can achieve more success is extremely valuable.
Here are ten signs that indicates you are on the right path to achieving more success now and in the future. Whenever we are feeling a little discouraged, we can always evaluate whether any of these signs are currently present in our lives.
- You’re willing to set new challenges for yourself. True success is achieved when we attempt new things or have new experiences. With each new challenge, we acquire new skills, develop new behaviours and gain new knowledge.
- You’re investing in yourself. The level of success we achieve this year and in the future is dependent on how much we’re willing to invest in ourselves. All highly successful people are life-long students. The more we invest in ourselves, the more we will grow, which will be reflected back in our results.
- You have goals that matter to you. When we have goals that go beyond material success and serve a higher purpose, that’s when we’re on track to living a successful and fulfilled life. Goals that inspire us to make a positive difference are the real measure of success.
- You look for lessons when you’ve had setbacks. Success is more rewarding when we overcome challenges on the way to achieving what we want. Failure, disappointment and obstacles are all part of the journey to success, so it’s important to learn from our failures or setbacks.
- You’re happy for others when they succeed. There is a saying “we get back what we put out.” If we put out positivity in the world, then we will get positivity back. When we celebrate other people’s successes, we’re acknowledging being successful is a good thing and it’s also what we want to bring more of into our lives.
- You’re generous to others. The idea that “givers gain” is a foundational principle of success. This is because it’s related to one of the laws of the universe, which is the law of “Cause and Effect.” This law states that whatever we send into the universe comes back to us. Action and reaction are equal and opposite. When we’re generous to others, they will be generous to us too.
- You focus only on things that you can control or change. There are many things that we cannot control in this world. These things are outside our “circle of influence.” When we focus only on things inside our circle of influence, we will give more energy and attention to the things we can control or change.
- You have a strong support network. The people we associate with has a huge impact on our attitude about life. If we’re around positive, goal-driven people, then that will rub off on us. We’ll also want to set new goals and challenge ourselves even more.
- You’re willing to let go of things that no longer serve you. We all have things or relationships in our lives that weigh us down and also affects us in unhealthy ways. Letting go of them frees up mental energy, which will allow us to give more attention to the things that matter most to us.
- You’re grateful daily. No matter what challenges or struggles we have in life, there is always something to be grateful for. When we can appreciate even the small things that are going well, we open ourselves up for more good things to come into our lives. The happiest people in the world are those who have an attitude of gratitude. Ultimately, like happiness, success is also a choice.
It’s our daily behaviours that determine our long-term success and happiness. If we’re consistently doing the things suggested above, we will be on the right track to more success this year. If those signs are not present, then it’s time to start introducing them into our lives.
Question: What is another sign that indicates we can achieve more success this year?
You can leave a comment by clicking here.